Squam Lakes Association NOW Hiring Camp Leaders!
Environmental Leaders guide our Adventure Ecology Programs for campers in grades 3-12 as part of the Junior Squam Lakes Association (JSLA) Adventure Ecology Programs focus on nature, ecological research, recreational skills, and team building activities. Environmental Camp Leaders develop, plan, and implement fun age-appropriate nature-based activities, including hiking, backpacking, canoeing and kayaking, nature games and crafts. Environmental Camp Leaders supervise the health and safety of campers and must have a strong sense of safety. Must be able to provide leadership for campers and Leaders in Training (LIT).
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old with a clean driving record
- Have an interest and general knowledge of natural history and/or environmental education
- Must have previous experience working with and enjoy being with children
- Experience creating fun environmental education learning opportunities is a plus
- Experience in outdoor recreation activities (canoeing, kayaking, hiking, rock climbing, backpacking) encompassing strong safety ethic
- Current certification in Lifeguarding, CPR and First Aid or an equivalent current certification is REQUIRED...we can help applicant obtain these
- Pass a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) & Sex Offender Registry Information (SORI) is REQUIRED
- Must be available for duration of program (6/12/2023-8/11/2023)
Schedule: Season begins with staff training on June 12, 2023 and ends on August 14, 2023.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some weekend days are required for all SLA staff.
Benefits: $360 per week starting salary. SLA benefits include use of canoes, kayaks, and store discounts.
Leigh Ann Reynolds, Director of Education