Tin Mountain Conservation Center is Hiring a Teacher/ Naturalist!
Tin Mountain Conservation Center, a not for profit environmental education center based in the Mount Washington Valley of New Hampshire, is seeking a Teacher/Naturalist to join our growing organization. This is a full-time, benefited position, expected Monday-Friday work schedule with occasional night and weekend work as needed.
Summary: Reports to and works closely with the Education Director and HS Programs Manager to develop, prepare, and execute high quality environmental education programs for our increasing demand of school programs serving students K-12. Emphasis will be in middle and high school programming. Summer responsibilities include teaching camps and assisting with events/outreach.
· Develop and implement grade appropriate standards-based lessons for middle and high school students in the classroom and outdoors.
· Represent TMCC’s organizational mission when interacting with the public and school groups.
· Assist HS Program Manager and Education Director with program logistics and preparation, including pre-visit communication, development of props and materials, facility maintenance, and curriculum development.
· Prepare and maintain school program curriculum materials and teaching supplies.
· Lead year-round youth and family programs.
· Teaching and Assisting with Summer Day and Explorer Camps
· Perform other duties, as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in natural science, environmental education, or related field. At least 1 year experience in environmental education/outdoor education or in a traditional classroom setting, preferably at the middle and/or high school level.
· Ability to work outdoors in variable weather conditions and travel over uneven terrain.
· Ability to work both independently and on a team with minimal supervision.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
· Valid driver's license and personal transportation.
· Criminal History background checks will be required.
· Current first aid/CPR certification or ability to obtain certification.
Salary range for this position is $40,000-42,500. Benefits include medical insurance; PTO; and retirement match after one full year of employment. Temporary staff housing is available for relocation assistance.
To apply, send a resume with references to email@example.com by Monday August 15th.
Tin Mountain Conservation Center
1245 Bald Hill Road
Albany, NH 03818