Share Learn Adventure
The Squam Lakes Association is posting videos, photos, activities, games, and prompts that inspire people to engage with, learn about, and explore a variety of nature topics. A place to connect and share ideas! The SLA adds content to this webpage frequently so bookmark it and check back often.
Below is a sampling of the posts:
FUN Activities to do while HIKING!
- Celebrate the return of the birds this spring by sharpening your bird-watching and identification skills
- Keep a log of the different animal tracks you see on your hike
- Hone your nature photography skills. Take some good pictures? Share them with us!
- Go on a nature scavenger hunt
- Start a nature journal! Find a scenic spot and get your creativity flowing with the following prompts: "I wonder...", "I notice...", or "This reminds me of..."
How Was Squam Lake Formed?
Have you ever wondered how the Squam Lakes came to be? Have they always been here? Looking out across the lake from West Rattlesnake feels a little different once you understand the incredible natural forces that contributed to the creation of this landscape.
Share a photo of you hiking and contemplating glacial activity OR a photo of your playdough landscape affected by glaciers and tag the SLA using the hashtag #ShareLearnAdventure!
Leaf Printing: Add Natural Flair to your Clothes!
Leaf printing is a great, easy way to spruce up your wardrobe, curtains, and tablecloths! Click here to watch the video for a tutorial. Remember to let your projects dry for at least 15-30 minutes before moving them into a laundry bag. Wash on the fabric’s normal cycle, and viola!
Remember to share your prints by using the tag #ShareLearnAdventure!
The Squam Lakes Association is dedicated to conserving for public benefit the natural beauty, peaceful character and resources of the watershed. In collaboration with local and state partners the SLA promotes the protection, careful use and shared enjoyment of the lakes, mountains, forests, open spaces and wildlife of the Squam Lakes region.